The year came to a strong close for Pinellas County Real Estate, with closed sales up 4.5% for December 2015 over December 2014, and up 24.7% for the year compared to 2014 (22,952 units in 2015 and 20,007 units in 2014).
The sold dollar volume was up a whopping 21.7% year over year, from $4.1 billion in 2014, to $5 billion in 2015. Average sale price for a single family home was $247,860 in December 2015, up 5.0% from last December ($236,078).
- The average sale price for townhome/condo was $191,346, up 7.7% from $177,632 a year ago.
- The number of closed sales for single family and townhome/condo combined for December 2015 was 1,955, up 4.5% from 1,870 in December 2014.
New single family listings for December 2015 were 1,131, down 1.5% from December 2014, at 1,148. Median sales price for single family was $186,450 this December, versus $169,000 last December, an increase of 10.3%.
Inventory Remains Low as Median Prices Continue to Rise
The Median sale price for the townhome/condo segment was up 9.2% for December 2015 ($131,000) over December 2014 ($120,000). December 2015 saw only 44 median days on market for single family, down 15.4% from December 2014, when the count was 52. For townhome/condo, the median days on the market were also low, at 49 in December 2015, down 29.0% from 69 days in December 2014.
- Total month supply of inventory is down 21.1% from last December for single family, with a 3.3 month supply this December as compared to a 4.2 month supply in December 2014.
- Active listings for December 2015 single family and townhome/condo combined were 6,575, down 9.8% from 7,287 in December 2014.
- Both stats continue to show the low inventory we’ve seen throughout 2015.
Representing more than 6,000 members, the PINELLAS REALTOR® ORGANIZATION is one of the Tampa Bay area’s largest professional trade associations.
Pinellas Realtors® January 2016